Thursday 11 December 2014

Connections

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, anything essential is invisible to the eye." the little prince

My flight over was amazing, for such a long time in a plane it felt like a bus ride away. It was so good to hear “Canadian” English on the announcements followed by French. Just to feel the professionalism in their voice was a nice change.

Relationships itself are invisible. It’s not like an object, not like a cat, you can see a cat, touch the cat, snuggle up with a cat. I think it’s so philosophical the whole topic of relationships. No one was born without a relation. Our DNA strands can confirm that. Relationships are what connect. It is this need to belong and to be longed for. It is so important. It drives, sustains, and gives hope. God really created us like this for a purpose. A craving to desire what can only fully sustain, and what can really give us love, joy, peace, patient, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. At the root of the why and how’s of relationships is God.

Relationships can only be seen when an out pouring of love happens which creates an action. How do we build and celebrate connections with people? How do we get to really know someone? Spend time with them, talk, be real, open up to trust, share truth and not lies, want the absolute best for them, do what matters, laugh, cry, and support.


It feels like I was just here yesterday due to the relationships that pick right back up. Let’s not take for granted the people in our lives that know and care for us. Colman picked me up and pulled out a gift from his hoodie front pocket. It was so awesome a free Budweiser Canucks toque. So perfect really. My family is such a blessing. I forgot about this thing called commuting and traffic on the way back from the airport, I need time to adjust back to “real” life. I’m really excited to be able to be around Abby and Riley even though Chey Leng keeps on warning me! Haha im ready to have some energy zapped out by kids that want to play, how can I say no to their cute Aunty Fiona, Aunty Fiona calls. Will see how long I can last. Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment