Wednesday 31 December 2014

A Season of Growth

I've been back in Vancouver for three weeks now. Vancouver is so beautiful. There is so much life, creativity, just prettiness and care everywhere. I absolutely love being in a city that comes together. Like just going to Stanley Park for bright lights, thinking about all the hours the firefighters put in to put up the lights and deco. The effort just to make the place festive for families. It's nice you know. Then back in Brunei i had a customer msg me asking me if i had to take down my Christmas deco! what? so now we are not allowed to put up even a tree in public places...a new religious enforcement thing. Its really sad. Where is the openness?

Ive been thinking a lot the last few days on where im going to be in the new year. If i decide to stay here what about my Bistro. I dont want to leave my work but I think there is a limit of growth happening in Brunei. I went for a job interview the other day. It was just a last minute decision when i saw a posting for a nutrition and life skills coordinator to apply. It was a really good interview but ironically after the interview I had the feeling that i rather go back to school. Going through with the interview showed me that I am capable yet there is part of me that wants me to really follow my heart. I think with certainty now i can enrol in culinary school.

random things why i love vancouver
ppl compost and recycle
mountain views
chilly air
diversity of ppl
transit
ppl on transit
grocery shopping
downtown
libraries
community
hockey
watching the news
asians who speak perfect english
artsyness everywhere
fam & friends

2015 is just a sleep away. 2014 has been an absolutely awesome adventure. Be brave, be true to yourself, and don't settle for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment