Friday 9 January 2015

How Do I Love

The other day I was just pondering 1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. " Faith, hope, and love. These words are thrown around quite casually, you know I've got to have faith faith faith... Faith by George Michael that popular song which was number one back in my year that I was born, 1988! (hahaha I know this cuz one day sitting around with friends at Bistro Chez Fio we were talking about how music has changed so much and wonder what was our hit song on our birth year was and we searched it up) anyways faith in what? Hope, we hope the Canucks win their next game, hope for the latest Apple product. Hope has kind of lost its direction. What are we even hoping for, what should we be hoping for? now Love. How has something so amazingly sacred become so insignificant, temporary, and even abused. How and why has lust over taken love? This idea that love is found with a swipe of a finger sorry Tinder. Im kind of embarrassed how shallow we can be or how much we live in a it's all about "me" world. Or even worse is we are such bandwagoners, jumping onto any social cause thats trending at the time on Twitter. Who doesn't like to feel like they are part of something just by a #? But really who remembers that a month down the line that I #cared.

I know my actions or even my inactions they matter. It's the little things that make up a day, and the days turn into weeks, months, years. When we look back at the day to day, its the sum of those little things that make us who we are, that shape those around us. At the end of the day these three remain: Faith, Hope, and Love. So I say life is about having faith, giving hope, and sharing love. But its the lostness of the source where we derive faith, hope, and love that causes strife. We are connected to people around the world more than ever before but we are also so distant. There are so many different values, beliefs, and opinions which is exciting and dynamic, but can we get along? In light of the terror, sadness, and injustice that faces us everyday I want to make these three words faith, hope, and love so real, so tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment