Friday 28 December 2012

2012 Drawing to an End

So much has happened in 2012 i would of never have of imagined the outcome of this year... it wasnt just one of those years that take a long time.. this year was a whirl wind.. a whirl wind of change, fun, laughter, family reunions, saddness, tears, struggles, success, growth, and courage. i have to continue to ask myself is this real life... am i doing what i am doing right now... am i seriously living in brunei, opening a bistro, and adapting to life here.. im still terrified of settling in brunei tho... coming close to my mid twenties i cant help to think about where i would want to have a family, raise kids, and livelife... i guess i really have to think about what is seriously important for me...so many things about vancouver i miss yet at the same time im ok that i miss it you know... its a weird feeling..its like emotions that have no definition hahaha =]

the last few days Robert Frost's poem has been constantly in my head... i feel like my life im taking the road not taken...im so grateful that all my circumstances have gave me experiences that trained me to be more that capable in dealing with employees, suppliers, random things... grateful that i studied in FNH now at UBC and lol and all about AGSC and food security... i want to teach ppl about food security in brunei that would be interesting...

life is so confusing right now i wish i wish i knew what is yet to come like Robert Frost said "Sorry I could not travel both." i wonder what would of happened if i never decided to come to brunei (yet that is history) ... funny i may not know what is going to happen in the future.. but i know who holds the future.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment