Wednesday 29 August 2012

Tears

i've cried my fair share of tears in the past 23 years of my life... i cry at happy times, sad times, funny times, and even times when i watch a movie or read a good book... i cry because i relate to how others feel... and i just cant help it....i cry even watching MasterChef this season!.. my earliest memory of crying i have that i couldnt control and the tears just came was at my grandma's funeral when i was 11 years old.. my old bro was playing amazing grace .... my heart was crying out for losing her and the tears just came uncontrollably...i think that was my first time my heart cried out that had  significance in my life. 

the last two weeks i left like i lost someone important... but not to a death but just to life circumstances.. i am a crier. i am a really emotional person who wears her emotions on her sleeve and sometimes i get burned for it...should i just keep it all inside? no, i dont think that is who God has made me... but i do know that i have to be caution and careful after letting my emotions run wild.

today in my journal there was a quote at the top of the page that just spoke to my being...

"There is a sacredness in tears, they are not the mark of weakness, but of power."- Washington Irving

i am not weak because i cry! and even when i do cry i remember the promises of God who has captured my every tear. every single tear!

"You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book." Psalm 56:8 NLT

God today i am thankful for:
1) my tears
2) my friends- who even when i seem like i turned my back they are still there for me
3) my courage to move on
4) my bistro that is starting
5) my dreams to feed ppl
6) that im still young- even though i feel old
7) the storm last night- God's powerful work
8) God's word and timely revelations
9) sadness... to make u know what happiness is
10) Joy from a never changing source- God the Father

No comments:

Post a Comment