Monday 27 August 2012

Cultivating a Heart of Worship and Gratitude

"You give and take away..Lord Blessed Be Your Name"

I've decided to dig deep and hold on to the true lover of my soul.
After looking through old blogs on my xanga I've decided that I should take up the gratitude challenge again. I will be challenging myself from today till my birthday to write down at least 10 things I am thankful for no matter how small and stupid they might seem. I want to praise God for what He gives to me daily and I want to grow a thankful heart in every situtaion of my life. Let the challenge beging that I can search and find God in every day of my life ... I pray for God to cultivate my heart.

I am thankful for:
1) Living in Brunei right now- the warmth of the sun is always constant...I can wear summer clothes all year roung... the relaxed life style is something in Canada that is not always there cuz in Canada there are always things to do.

2) Electric toothbrushes. Make your teeth feel so clean! and on lazy days u dont need to do much

3) Praise Songs- there are days when singing praise music feels like God isn't listening.. or your praise is just not worshiping in spirit and in truth.. but there are times where God remindes you of His love..and His love just transcends on you..and you want to give back your all to God

4) Animals that God has created- I saw a monkey at the park that found an empty yogurt container and I saw the monkey happily licking the sides and dipping his fingers into the plastic cup and licking off the yogurt of his fingers! HOW CUTE and innocent and just child like! As adults when would u ever use your fingers to eat yogurt! hahahaa

5) My parents- even though sometimes I think they are too controlling or annoying or ect ect I know they love my unconditionally...they are cheering me on and believe in me.. They raised me to who I am.. and are still raising me.. I'll always be their daugther .. and i cherish my close relationship with them.. and I will honour my parents!

6) God's forgiveness and mercy- 1 john 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness... the coolest part is that God doesn't remember our sins anymore! it is wiped out.. it is gone!..it is only the devil that is the one that keeps reminding ourselves of our past sins.

7) My life growing up in Canada- molded me into who I am now. Molded my relationship with God, with people, and just my outlook on life.

8) A good cup of a warm drink- Hot chocolate, milo, coffee.. having something warm and tastey just makes things feel good.

9) Being able to keep in contact with friends back in Canada through the internet.

10) Air Conditioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment